The opportunity to join Pi Beta Phi Fraternity does not end in college. If you or someone you know is interested in membership in Pi Beta Phi Fraternity, consider the alumna initiate program.
What Are The Requirements for Potential Alumna Initiates?
Pi Beta Phi seeks active members of the local community, whose values would complement the Fraternity, to become alumna initiates. Ideal candidates should be sympathetic with the work of the Fraternity, have a desire to participate in alumnae life and commit to being lifetime members of Pi Beta Phi. Pi Beta Phi membership is for life!
The requirements for potential candidates are listed below:
- A woman who has attended an accredited four-year college or university, and is no longer a student may be considered
- A period of four years must elapse from the date, or anticipated date, of graduation before a woman may be considered for alumna initiate status
- The candidate must never have been initiated into another National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) organization
- The candidate is required to pay an initiation fee and dues to the Fraternity, as well as read an abridged version of the Constitution and Statues, prior to initiation
What is the Process for Alumna Initiate Approval?
A prospective alumna initiate is sponsored by an alumnae club. An interested candidate may contact Pi Beta Phi Headquarters for an alumnae club leader in their area or email the Alumnae Records Coordinator at Pi Beta Phi Headquarters. Alumnae Regional Membership Specialists may also assist a potential alumna initiate if there is no local alumnae club in their area. Alumnae clubs who would like to submit an application can find one here.
Collegiate chapters may propose an alumna initiate to a local alumnae club. A professor or advisor with whom the collegiate member or chapter has a special connection or a woman with a close relationship to a collegiate member (mother, sister, close family friend) are ideal candidates.
- An Official Information Sheet for Prospective Alumna Initiates must be completed.
- The proposed alumna initiate will then be submitted to the local alumnae club and the collegiate chapter for approval.
- Once club and chapter approval is received the Official Information Sheet will be sent to the Grand Vice President of Membership so that she can propose the candidate to Grand Council for final approval.
- If Grand Council confirms the invitation to membership, Initiation is held at the time of the next regular Collegiate Initiation Ceremony, at the Installation of a new collegiate chapter or at Pi Beta Phi’s Biennial Convention.
What are the Benefits of Alumna Initiate Membership?
Alumnae Initiates can expect the following:
- A network of sisters and friends who will support you in achieving personal and professional goals, throughout your life.
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community and in the lives of others through literacy service.
- Scholarship opportunities as an undergraduate, for graduate study and for continuing education through Pi Beta Phi Foundation.
- Access to leadership development through Pi Phi's award-winning member development program, Leading with Values®.
- Opportunities for leadership and professional skill development through networking and signature events, including Leadership Academies, convention and officer retreats.
- Lifelong commitment to and from Pi Beta Phi.
- The opportunity to give back, whether through volunteering your time and talents or financial resources.
- Fulfillment from an organization deeply rooted in six core values: Integrity; Lifelong Commitment; Honor and Respect; Personal and Intellectual Growth; Philanthropic Service to Others; and Sincere Friendship.
- The opportunity to continue the legacy established by the first women’s fraternal organization, Pi Beta Phi, and to make an impact on generations of Pi Phis to come.